Hi, test post

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by gswift7, Nov 28, 2008.

1. gswift7

gswift7 Private E-2

Hi, this forum is really great. I've been reading threads and it looks like you help lots of people here. The malware removal section has been especially interresting to read.

I joined so that I can get my daughter's computer cleaned of malware. I'm sure I wouldn't have any option except to format and start from scratch if not for this forum and the people who run it. I'll make a thread in that section (like the instructions say) after I get time to do the "read and run me first" stuff.

I notice that I can't post on threads started by other people in the malware section. I assume that's by design, but it made me want to test and see if I could start a thread. Here it is.

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:)Welcome to MajorGeeks, gswift7

You are correct - that restriction is by design, to limit posts to a malware thread only to the OP(original poster) and a qualified malware fighter.

:confused They haven't fixed that glitch with the ED-209 yet?

[​IMG]

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :wave

kes

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave and welcome to Major Geeks! :major

6. gswift7

gswift7 Private E-2

thank you for the extremely warm welcome from so many of the staff.

I finally made time to do the whole read and run process and created a real thread in the malware section. Wow, that's a lot of work for a Saturday. My 12 year old daughter is going to have some new security policies on her computer when she gets it back.

Perhaps I sould make a post in the hardware section and see if anyone has some hardware/software that involves one of those electric dog collars and a sensor for dangerous web sites. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds