hi there ! help please :)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Acidtest, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Acidtest

Acidtest Private E-2

hi all , i`m not sure quite where to post this request for help , so if this isn`t the place i would appreciate you pointing me in hte right direction.

I need some help removing a trojan that is masquerading as windows security and AVG (9.0 free is what i use) and telling me to pay to upgrade in order to remove a virus. It has also shut down access to the internet and prevents me from running any applications in normal mode.

I have followed the "read and run me first" advice on this sight in windows safe mode (including malwarebytes, superantispyware, combofix, rootrepeal, mgtools) finding 39 problems and removing them , but when i boot up normally , hte problem is still there.

I have a file containing the logs of all these programs.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it ! thanks !

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to the forum. You need to go to the "read and run" http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 And follow all its instructions and scan with all the programs it gives in its order it ask you to. And afterwards post in the malware section of forums and upload all the logs from each program that you used to scan your computer with from the read and run link. Even if it shows nothing still upload all the logs so they can see them. And the malware fighters will get back to you with some instructions of getting rid of and cleaning the computer!

- Read the read and run link and post all logs from all programs onto the malware section of forums and give them time to get to your post, they reply in order from old/new so it can take little time or few days atleast. Bumping it can cause more time added to you receiving help. Thanks

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Moved your log to the proper thread you started in the Malware forum HERE so please review that thread for help on your malware issue.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds