Hi there - newbie posting!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by GreyCat, Feb 10, 2007.

1. GreyCat

GreyCat Private E-2

Ok, first time posting on here (although have looked on this site many times over the years).

I know this isn't the right part to post this on, but.......

I'm needing help with getting a DLL file sorted. It seems to have started after I 'looked for new updates' for my mobile phone (I've got my photos from off it stored on my pc). Since then, I've not been able to access it at all - I'm loathed to deleting it and re-installing it as I don't want to lose an of the photos. I get the error message that MSVCR.80.DLL can't be found and to check the path/file name is correct/check libraries.

I'm not very pc literate, but have learnt a few bits n bobs - this isn't one of them tho. :eek: So, any instructions on how to sort this will have to be done in wax crayon and felt tip pens I'm afraid!

I know the file is 'here' on my pc cos I found it last night, but I don't know how to go about gettting that 'link' back between where it is, to where I want it!

Always seem to be at the wrong end of the day for trying to sort out these sort of things aswell, so please don't think me ignorant if I appear to not be very quick at following instruction!

Thanks you guys!

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

3. GreyCat

GreyCat Private E-2

Hi again,
    Just wondering if there's anyone who could help with the above question?

Thanks!

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

5. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Hi and welcome GreyCat

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Alot of files can be moved just be click and drag, grab it and drop it into the folder you want it in. Welcome to MG's

7. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

does it give an option like "browse"? Click it and go manually to the folder it is located, select it and click OK.

Oh, and welcome to Majorgeeks :).

8. GreyCat

GreyCat Private E-2

Hi Guys,
    Soooooooo sorry for not having got back sooner - unforseen family commitments.

I've just tried to search for that file again, but now I can't find it at all - it came up on a search before, but now I can't find it........so I can't even try to do anything (someone suggested dragging it to where I wanted it)(not too sure how to do that either.....)

Really don't want to have to unistall it all and re-do it cos I'll lose all the photos I've already got saved there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds