hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by fwfan, May 10, 2010.

1. fwfan

fwfan Private E-2

Glad i found this place. My experience with freeware is 60/40 i.e. I have found 60% of the freeware to be excellent tools and especially which are free of any malware. Have had some terrible experience too but I guess it's better to try to focus on the +ve.

I am new to this forum and would like to get candid and good help and advice from members to find the various freeware tools I am currently looking for or will look for in the future. chow

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome fwfan!

The good thing about MG is that all of the freeware is tested and scrutinized before it is linked to download from here.

That is NOT true about most download sites.

I teach senior classes, and I always tell my students that there are only two sites to safely download from; MG and MS, period. :wave:wave:wave

3. fwfan

fwfan Private E-2

Hi brandypeppy :)

This is news and I didn't know this. Now I'm sure glad that I have joined this forum :clap:

MG = MajorGeeks
    MS = ? (Microsoft?)

Thank you for your message and hope to see your around. I am new with many many question and hope to get good help from experts.

Thnkx alot :wave

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Yes MS = Microsoft, more common usage is M$. :-D
    :wave:wave

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, fwfan:wave Glad you could join us :) Major Brandypeppy is correct. This site has superb free downloads, and even I use them. Tested, and great.

Personally, I use AVG9 and PCTools Firewall Plus. Both Freebies, and I can't say enough good about them.

Plus, I can't stress enough about Secunia. Another freebie, but one that I think is essential to all computers. Think of it as an extra hand :-D Secunia checks to see if ALL your software is up to date. FOR YOU... If you have something that is need of an update, just follow the prompts. A great addition to any computer.

You can find all the downloads here: MG Top Freeware Picks

Hope you find what you are looking for. Enjoy the forum;)

6. fwfan

fwfan Private E-2

Thank you for the welcome TeeCee and especially for all the recommendations.

I will search for them and will also visit the URL.

Thnkx alot

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello fwfan, :wave No problem, I am sure you will find what you are looking for :) If not, just give a shout ;)

8. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

[​IMG] to MajorGeeks fwfan !

Shelagh :)

9. fwfan

fwfan Private E-2

Hi Shelagh.

Thank you for the tip. Though i value the advice of all but I think it is important to know the key people here because nothing beats experience :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds