Hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by maggieglanville, Nov 25, 2011.

1. maggieglanville

maggieglanville Private E-2

Hi evveryone i am new here
    i am a non working disabled gran who love fixing and messing around with computers hardware and software

i am from a large family with lots of laptops and i normally manage to service fix them and keep them running smoothly
    i have gone as far as cleaning out the fans installing new os sorting out new drivers etc

and i have just stripped a hpdv2000 which needing a new motherboard
    i have it up and running again with 2 problems left to solve

so i will post somewhere when i find out where to do it

many thanks
    maggie :confused

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard maggie, choose which forum you think is most appropriate, you won't get chastised if you're wrong, a moderator will move it if necessary.;)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Maggie

Welcome as Augie says to the forum and wow you seem to be doing great in helping folk in PC issues and if we can help you help others in PC issues then we will do our best to assist you.

As mentioned just try and pick the best heading for your question but its going to be no biggy if you dont get the area correct as we will move it to the best area for the advice, but its likely you will know the area to post in as in if its a install issue, Software is good, if drivers then drivers area, if tied between hardware and software as the issue either is ok but just post in one and not both as its easier to follow one thread on a given topic and we can move it if needed at a later date if another area is best.

Again welcome and if you can also help others out that would be great as its good to give as well as take :)

4. maggieglanville

maggieglanville Private E-2

Hi there
    many thanks for the welcome and the advice
    i have been on another forum helping people for about a year now
    but every forum is set up different
    and i thought i would try out a different forum for a change
    many thanks
    maggie

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Maggie

Yes indeed each forum has its own setup and rules of engagement etc and some can be well very asshollic at times and not geared towards the novice, and that's something that Majorgeeks has strived to change and we dont ridicule novice members for simple questions as the unasked question is the "dumb" one.

Glad you decided to try us out and hope you like what you see, we have a superb bunch of regular posters that deal with all forms of PC issues and areas, especially Malware.

6. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Welcome Maggie:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds