Hiatus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by †Zæch†, Aug 10, 2020.

1. †Zæch†

†Zæch† Private E-2

I was a steady member here back in 2005-2007 or so, I can't completely remember. I ended up with a completely different job than I intended working for a Corporate paint company for a while. I'm lucky I did. After all that time and work put into what I thought was the carreer I'd have til retirement I met with a tragic accident at the end of 2017. I was struck while on my motorcycle, almost killing me, lost my left leg and had to fight sepsis for two months straight with IV antibiotics. Since all this happened what my life looks like is very different than what I'd imagined. I won't get to finish the Appalachian Trail, runing is almost an impossibility and walking is very tedious. I realized that my possibilities of employment have become very limited, I can only do sedentary type jobs and I have literally zero experience in any field that is now some of my only options. Degrees and training certificates are the only way I'm gonna find work that pays what I need and has benefits. Anyways, the reason i'm back is because I'm getting back into computer work. I taught myself basic HTML & CSS plus some Javascript and built a few nice web pages back in the day. Got a lot of my education and help here so I decided this would be a good place to start over. Good to be back Geeks!

Z



DavidGP and A1phaG33k like this.
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome back! :)

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Z? As in our young Z that used to post a lot? If so, a special welcome back. :)

I am sorry to hear about your accident. You sound like you are lucky to be alive for sure. We hope to see you around. The house has changed a bit, but as you'll see there's some of the old furniture around. :D

DavidGP likes this.
  4. †Zæch†

†Zæch† Private E-2

I was like 24-25 when I was here last time , I don’t remember everything because I was busy studying and working I know my username is the same. I was kinda surprised it still let me use Alt+ letters lol!

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

hmmm....okay, well maybe not the same person I'm thinking of. He was about 13 when he first came.

Either way, welcome :)

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Z

Welcome back and also sorry to hear of your accident but hope you are better physically and mentally as life changing events can take a toll, brilliant you devoted your tome to learning and in areas I would be lost in TBH. Currently home working is more favoured so in your position maybe more work avenues, dont know in web or computing, although desktop support seems a direction thats emerging.

I wish you well.

@LauraR likely it was Zack who was IIRC training to be a police officer last time he posted.

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

All the best Z, by the sounds of it, you have kept your brain active, and brains are always needed.
    As said, a Tech job could be ideal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds