hijack free now!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by nicksturt, Jul 3, 2006.

1. nicksturt

nicksturt Private E-2

first post to say hi and only here to pick up new tips etc having cured my problem through the 'read and run first' page.

nasty things these viruses - mine was protectmypc home page hijack with constant pop ups....hooray for ewido which was the only one to find it after avg,spybot,ad-aware etc failed.:)

got the bug as my antiv programmed was not working following trying to upgrade it - dopey not to get a diffenrent on!!:eek:

Anyway a big thanks to all the computer boffins that created this site:)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. nicksturt

nicksturt Private E-2

halo,
    thanks for the link which was a new one for me....with issues I still need to resolve ie I only have windows (xp) firewall which I thought (till now) was the bees knees (where does that come from??!!:) )

I will attend to it tomorrow or Mrswannabegeek will make me wear my beer!:eek:

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes sadly the Firewall in XP is only a single ( incomming ) directional one over some of the others which are Bi-directional, in plain terms, if you have malware on your PC and use the windows built in firewall then the malware is free do dial home, with whatever details it was after.

but in that guide their are some nice free options for you ( ZoneAlarm is a popular one as is Outpost ) we also have some other nice free must haves in a colour coded to complexity listing Must have free downloads

but if you need to ask a question, then you now know were we are ;)

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds