HiJack This Advanced Properties

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by LadyJazmine, Jan 24, 2011.

1. LadyJazmine

LadyJazmine Private E-2

Hi..My name is Dianne and I am new here to the forums. I'm not exactly sure where I need to post this. I did scan through the various threads and didn't see my issue listed.

When I start HiJackThis for a scan, I get a window which says my system is denying access to the Hosts file. At the bottom of that window it states for vista users to close the program, right click on the icon and to run as administrator. That option is not available in the list when right clicking on the icon. Now, when checking under Display Properties, under Properties of the icon, there is an option that needs to be checked to run HiJackThis as an administrator but that whole area is grayed out. I am logged on to my system as the Administrator. Can you please help me with what's going on. I am not an advanced user and so everything I have tried has been to no avail. Thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. LadyJazmine

LadyJazmine Private E-2

Thank-you Tim for your reply. I am currently still following the list of required things to do before receiving help. Once completed I will post where you directed.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You are most weclome. One of the Malware fighters will assist you once you have created the thread in Malware forum with your logs. ;)

5. LadyJazmine

LadyJazmine Private E-2

Tim, Please help? I'm down to RootRepeal. I've had it in both the rar and zip file. When I try to run it I get the following error codes:

FOPS-DeviceToControl Error! Error Code = 0xc0000024 Extended Info (0x000000dc)

DeviceToControl Error! Error Code = 0x 1e7

FOPS-DeviceToControl Error! Error Code = 0xc0000024 Extended Info (0x000000dc)

I can't get it to work. Where do I go from here with RootRepeal?

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Just skip it. As stated, if one step does not work then continue on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds