HIjackThis file...Help!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Dale Arnold, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Dale Arnold

Dale Arnold Private E-2

Hi my name Is Dale,
    In the telecom world I'm a Guru, but with Malware I'm a novice.
    I got a lsass.keylogger virus from an infected e-mail and can't get it cleaned out with regular means. I ran hijack this and I can see what seems to be the infectious files, but can't delete or remove them. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! here is the log file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 1:38:01 PM, on 10/15/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16876)
    Boot mode: Normal

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MGs :)

If you are having problems with Malware you will need to follow this guide:READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

When you are finished, if you are still having problems, please start a new thread in the Malware Forum and post the requested log. Hijack this is only one tool used to help with cleaning malware.

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hiya Dale do what Laura has told you to do go to READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and follow all the instructions to the book not missing anything out, or you'll have to wait till your post gets moved to the malware forum ! ;)

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Dale:wave I see you have the best advice already, do the READ AND RUN ME FIRST, and post in the Malware thread... ;)

Once you have posted, you can check out the rest of the threads and posts while you wait. Oh, be sure not to double post, it is also called a "bump" because that will put you to the end of the line again, and will cause more waiting.. Hang in there, our Malware Team is the Best, and they don't rush anyone. You will get your turn, and when you do, you will feel like you are their only malware patient!;)

Great to have ya!

5. Dale Arnold

Dale Arnold Private E-2

Thanks so much for the post! I read the FAQ after I posted the file. I'll do the Read me First like a good boy :0)
    Thanks! Dale

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    You won't be sorry for checking in.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds