Hooking up two pc's to Comcast cable

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by chgocop, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chgocop

chgocop Private E-2

My daughter recently purchased a second desktop pc for my grandson. She has comcast high speed internet with a cable modem. My question is how many ways are there to hook up the second pc to the internet? Can I use a second modem to do so,run a ethernet cable by using a splitter, or do I just go with a wireless router.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Wired or wireless router ..and welcome to MG's. You could post in the networking section for further assistance. :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. buffalo6

buffalo6 Private E-2

The best long-term solution is a wireless router. Once it is running properly, she can move computers to her hearts content

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's buffalo6. You are posting to a thread that is 2 years old. Please take not of the thread dates when you wish to post in the future. This thread will be closed. :major

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds