Housecall will not run

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by john991, Apr 7, 2009.

1. john991

john991 Private E-2

When I try to run Housecall my computer begins the "download data" and then freezes. Any thoughts?

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome to majorgeeks. :)

If you believe you are infected then you should take a look thru the below:

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Those are our malware removal procedures and you should work your way thru as much of that as you can. Create a new thread in malware and attach the 4 requested logs.

3. john991

john991 Private E-2

Thanks Kestrel13!, BUT I don't think I should have to buy a $36 program in order to get a free Housecall to run.
    I was in hopes that I would receive some information as to why Housecall will not download as it always has in the past. I've been unable to get an answer from Trend Micro. I'll stick around here and maybe get some advice. john991

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:)

Hello, john991

Some of the newer malware infections actually block access to security related sites for the downloading or updating of protection software and scanners --- some names of these infections are Conficker, Downadup, and the TDSSserv.sys Trojan.

* None of the tools we use in our cleaning procedures require purchasing.

You might even consider first running -

McAfee AVERT Stinger Conficker 10.0.1.534

5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hiya, J. Welcome to MGs :wave The advice you receive from the experts here is second to none. They've not let me down. I've now got no malware. Had it big time when I first started out. Came here, followed the advice given, installed the suggested software. No probs. Best of luck in resolving your issues.

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And, also, the Welcome Center is not the place to post problems.

7. Kestrel13!

and I didn't at any point suggest that you pay thirty six dollars in order to run our FREE malware removal procedure. I'm sorry if my advice wasn't the best, it was late when I posted.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Not exactly starting off on the right foot.

9. Kestrel13!

No, it's fine :) The OP probably thought that they had to purchase MBAM and/or SAS, which isn't the case of course...

10. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Possibly a bad installation. First thing I'd try, is to uninstall the software, then reinstall it. Try to run it after a fresh install. Hope this solves your problem!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds