How does this site work?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dezza, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dezza

dezza Private E-2

Everthing looks cool but it seems a mission to get around. I posted a request
    for help and |I can't even find my own post. Which is the forum for
    PC help questions. Anybody there?

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

hi and welcome to MGs.

your request for help is easy to resolve,if you look at the very top left hand corner of the page you are now on you will see "MajorGeeks Support Forums" if you click on this it will bring you to the main forums page if you scroll down you will see a number of categories I.E. NEW WELCOME CENTER/LOUNGE and so on you say you require PC help then you have 2 forums Hardware and Software so dependent on your problem post in one of those and be prepared to wait a while as the answer is not always immediate.
    [​IMG]

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hey MUSKIE you did that soooo much better than me.[​IMG]

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

and also you can click your user name in the Users Online and then click either:

Find all posts by dezza
    Find all threads started by dezza

use these to find your post if you lost it.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Score one for the home tream.:cool Thanks, Bill
    Score one for the visitors.
    Tie game:cry

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello welcome to MGs, its easy once you get used to things :)

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

@BILLMCC66, I just revisited this thread. Last time I was here your first post wasn't. Didn't mean to step on you.

9. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

welcome to MG's. stick around you will get the hang of it in no time..

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

hey Muskie we are here to help others and multiple choice is best plus you laid it out better than i did i am not so conceited that i can not admit to superior knowledge.
    [​IMG]

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Can I give you my phone number, so that you can call my wife and repeat that? :D

12. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i have a better idea send your wife over here and i will explain it in more detail[​IMG]

13. harvastmoon

harvastmoon Private E-2

Ok- I can't remember how to start a new post/thread.......

Okay guys don't laugh but.....

I guess I am having a very bad day cause I can't figure out or remember how to go about posting a new question in the hardware forum!!! :cry

I have spent 10 -20 minutes looking around my User CP screen and don't see anything that tells me how to post new thread. :banghead

HELP!!!!

14. harvastmoon

harvastmoon Private E-2

Re: Ok- I can't remember how to start a new post/thread.......

never mind....... i finally found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds