How to plot a .wav file

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Coder Ken, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Coder Ken

Coder Ken Private E-2

I am writing a java program to plot the waveform of a .wav file. I understand that the .wav files are in an uncompressed PCM format. So, I read the file and found the start of the data. I am able to pull the data and play it and cut clips out of it and play them; however, when I plot the plot the data, most of the data is above a value of 120 and below the value of -120, on a scale of -128 to 127. This looks like square pulses with minimum fluctuations on the top of the pulses (or bottom for those below -120).

Are there any methods in the javax.sound package that can help me?

Are there some additional computations I should perform on the raw PCM data in the file? If so, what?

Coder Ken

2. :waveA very warm welcome to the Forum someone will be along as soon as possible!!!:)

Maximus.....:cool:major​

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there and welcome :wave

I would post your question in the software forum where more people will view it, very best of luck :wave

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds