How To Propose An Application W/o Spamming The Forum?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by patpat, Jul 7, 2016.

1. patpat

patpat Private E-2

Hi guys I'm new here;
    I wanted to submit the link of a software tool I think it is cool but I couldn't find the way.
    I've tried to PM user "Major Attitude" but again I couldn't find how.
    Finally instead of just posting a forum message (which could've been considered spam) I tweeted @majorgeeks with the link but I've got the twitter account immediately blocked :-(

This site is an awesome source of information but it seems you guys do not like people sending any kind of info right?
    Sorry if this is a know issue here, as I've said I'm a newcomer.

Best,
    Patrick

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You can email Tim [@] majorgeeks.com

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

In addition to what TimW mentioned:

Please note this message from AboutMajorGeeks:

DavidGP likes this.
  4. patpat

patpat Private E-2

Thanks guys;
    the last link was very informative.

For content including file submissions or news, please email mgnews AT majorgeeks.com.
    For advertising inguiries or anything business related please email jim AT majorgeeks.com

Best,
    Patrick

DavidGP likes this.
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Patrick welcome to the forum and hope you get your neat tool listed on the downloads site, bare in mind we do test all apps out first before listing, one of only a few sites that do test apps first, but we do love recommendations to apps we have not seen yet!

6. patpat

patpat Private E-2

Hi David,
    I've already sent an e-mail to Tim and mgnews AT majorgeeks.com

On the previously quoted link I saw you guys test every proposed application on a VM;
    in this case you are dealing with an automated PXE oriented multi server that uses (when available)
    performance counters for network protocol control. VMs are not always rock solid when
    emulating performance counters that's why this app performs at its best when run on
    real hardware.

If you guys need any help with the tests just let me know.

Best,
    Patrick

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm curious...
    What kind of software is this?

8. patpat

patpat Private E-2

it is defined as an
    Automated PXE Server Solution Accelerator based on an all-in-one portable multi-server engine

It is a single exe portable application that allows to easily network boot/install multiple Windows and non-Windows assets (OSs and boot-able tools) on BIOS and UEFI based targets.
    A PXE tool like this one on Gigabit connectivity (even on modest hardware) offers the fastest way available today for i.e installing any Microsoft OS or Linux.

Best,
    Patrick

9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks.
    It certainly seems usefull.

10. DavidGP

Patrick if we do not have this listed yet, then shoot me an email at david @ majorgeeks.com and I will see what I can do, also send me link to app and info.

11. patpat

patpat Private E-2

Hi David,
    AFAIK the software is not published here yet.
    I've just sent you an e-mail with all the info.

Best,
    Patrick

12. DavidGP

Hi Patrick and thanks for email, I have looked over your app and VERY nice and put a case for it to Tim (owner of MG to include on site, not all apps do)

13. patpat

patpat Private E-2

Thanks David,

Best,
    Patrick

14. patpat

patpat Private E-2

I haven't seen the software listed; did it fail the approval criteria? we'd love to know.
    Thanks

Best,
    Patrick

15. DavidGP

Let me look in to this Patrick as I did spell out the virtues of your app.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds