How To Reset Forum Password

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by idigweeds, Jul 17, 2016.

1. idigweeds

idigweeds Private E-2

I'd like to reset my MajorGeeks forum password. I can't seem to find an option to do that anywhere here that I have looked. Any help for that here?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Your Account > Settings > Password

3. idigweeds

idigweeds Private E-2

I looked there, but it insists that I have my old password. I am able to post here only because my browser fills in the password for me, but don't actually know what my password is.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Of course it needs the existing password before it will allow you to change it. Every single website requiring a password log in operates in exactly the same way.
    In my web browser - Firefox - I go to Tools > Options > Security > Saved Logins and I open it up and can read every single password for every single site. I also have a Master Password for that so I can't see them without using my Firefox Master Password.
    If you use a different browser then just search its help section for where that is.

5. idigweeds

idigweeds Private E-2

Most sites allow you to change your password by sending you a reset link to an already established email address. What is the equivalent process here?

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

That's normally the 'forgotten my password' process and in any case many sites will still require security steps before they allow that.
    Anyway, whatever Browser you use it allows you to see the passwords stored. If it's not your browser user profile and its protected with a master password you don't have, it's hard luck really.
    EDIT: BEFORE YOU CLICK ON 'LOG IN' CLICK ON THE FEINT 'FORGOTTEN YOUR PASSWORD' LINK BELOW AND IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO RESET IT

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  7. idigweeds

idigweeds Private E-2

I'm not sure we're looking at the same site. Send me a link to the page on which you see this feature.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

THIS SITE!!!

Here you are - look at the feint words 'Forgot Your Password?'
    CLICK ON THEM -BUT WITHOUT CLICKING ON 'LOG IN'.

Attached Files:

9. idigweeds

idigweeds Private E-2

Thank You! I had to turn up the brightness and contrast on my monitor to see it. I would never have seen it otherwise. For the life of me, I had never seen a site that didn't have a password reset function, so when I couldn't find one, I was flummoxed. Had I not been able to talk to you, I would have given up altogether.

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It is very feint you're right. But glad it's now sorted!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds