How to return to normal (bootup) mode

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by lrmyers, Oct 27, 2006.

1. lrmyers

lrmyers Private E-2

I started to run through the procedures to rid my laptop of some malware. One of the steps was to put the machine into "safe mode" and run some apps. I have completed those steps and now want to return my machine to "normal mode". However, due to the low screen resolution that is available in safe I cannot access the "run" option in my start menu.

What other options do I have?

I am running a Dell Inspiron 9300 with 1.6GHz, 100 GB.

Thank!

2. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

most comps have a key you can press at boot up to get to the windows boot screen, where you have the choice of boot in safe mode, safe mode with networking, normal mode etc. This key is normally(but not always) F8. so try rebooting the comp and start tapping the F8 key before windows starts to load. Hopefully you will get to the boot select screen, then just select boot in normal mode

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Also if your in Safe Mode and cannot get to the Start Menu then hit the Windows Key ( the one with the Winodws Logo Flag ) and use the cursor keys and enter to choose the RUN dialogue box.

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Can you access CTRL-ALT-DEL? You can access Run from there and type in ''msconfig'' no quotes and select normal bootup from there

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds