Howdy. Q: How to move massive files?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ItsWendy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Hello folks,

I'm trying to move files up to 4Gig around. I can move them OK on my Win98SE box, but if I try to move them onto my DVD burner or out on my house network I get a several messages with one common theme, "The parameter is incorrect." Seems to me there ought to be one of several utilities, something to break up the file into several more managable pieces, and reattach them later, or a utility that will move these kind of files around the network.

This centers around my efforts to digitize video files, I have a working digitizer (Radeon All In Wonder 8500), but the drivers are picky and fragile. A lot of other programs (such as Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6.0) will cause them to malfunction. Since I have removable hard drive bays I have set up a 30Gig HD specifically for digitization of AV files (in MP2 format, DVD quality). I got the ECDC6 burning software to install, coexist, and work on this drive but I still the the above error due to what I suspect is the file size. Now I need a way to move them off the drive onto another drive.

Thanks.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

What sort of files are they? Data? Video?

How are you moving them to the DVD rom?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Excellent! Thankee Kindlee! Exactly what the sargent ordered.

Guess I'll get this thread back on topic. I'm in the NE Dallas area (if any really cares). I'm into Combat Robotics, the club I'm a member of aquired a 40'X40'X10' lexan (aka bullet proof glass) combat arena about a 1 1/2 ago, to go with our antweight (weight limit 1 lb) 4'X4'X4' lexan arena.

I'm a Mason who'se active in DeMolay, one of the few operators of a BBS left in this town, and what free time I have for watching TV tends to be the new Dr. Who (qualifies me as a geek right there) and the Stargate series.

I'm trying to get a stable setup to transfer video tapes into DVD's. Seemed like a simple project when I started it, but the video digitizer doesn't like my CD burning software (and visa versa), and I've learned more than I ever wanted to about what sequence of software to load to get everything to work stably. Trying to get 2 different hard disks to do exactly what I want them to do I must have reinstalled windows about 20 times to date. With this add on I'll be just about done.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds