HP desktop shuts down, hard drive?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mrwall, Jun 5, 2009.

1. mrwall

mrwall Private E-2

error code hd521-2w

Desk top will freeze up or just shut down. Ran hard drive test and got this error. We can use the pc for 1/2 hour or more then this happens. System boots up just fine every time but I am getting worried that it is going to fail completely. Pc did not come with recovery disk and of course I did not make one. Please help this PC and my family to keep in touch with the www.

Thanks ahead of time

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, mrwall:wave, and welcome to the bestest site ever. Glad to have you, and it sounds like you have something going on for sure...

I think you would get more responses, if you post this in the "Software" section... There are more people there that can help you with your situation... Good Luck, I am sure you will get an answer, or maybe even two or three. ;)

I am sure someone there can direct you to the proper section... I am thinking software first....

3. mrwall

mrwall Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome and I will post in software now.

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and Welcome to the site!:wave

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome to the best place around.
    As TeeCee said glade to have you.When you can get a chance take a look around at the rest of the forums we have here. I'm sure you'll enjoy as weel as learn from them. I know I have and still am/will be learning. Hope nothing seriously wrong with your pc.You have the best helpers around at MajorGeeks.

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds