i am an fng to forums

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jayskis2001, Apr 11, 2008.

1. jayskis2001

jayskis2001 Private E-2

i am new to this so i will get right to it. internet explorer keeps opening new browser pages on it's own. not pop ups in existing pages but entire new pages. how do i stop it.

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Hello, and welcome to Majorgeeks.com

Your pc is infected with malicious software (malware.) This thread is a complete step by step on how to get rid of it. Read and Run me first: Malware removal guide

Follow the instructions step by step- if you have problems with the procedure, make a post in the Malware Removal Forum

-gimpster123

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

Malware is one possibility so you would be advised to follow gimpster's advice.

Good luck.

4. shawneeoboy

shawneeoboy Private E-2

I had a similar prob, and although I didn't have this sites malware removal process at the time, I did use other malware removal programs, but it kept happening. So I started using Mozilla Firefox which is free, and I 've had NO not one malware problem since then. Even now, every time I have to use IE to download something, like from Windows Update, it still malfunctions in many ways, so I don't even use it for that, I do the alternative with Firefox.

Good luck.

5. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

@ Shawn. IE should not be opening up on its own. A popup blocker *may* take care of the symptoms- but it does not fix the underlying problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds