I am not very good at this so need help, Please!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dragonheartmax, Feb 22, 2008.

1. dragonheartmax

dragonheartmax Private E-2

Hi folks
    Ihad 155 viruses on my PC that AVG took care of but can not send, compose, or read my e-mail. Nor can I see or answer on IM. So! I am going to save everything on sticks (huge amt. of photos too) & wipe my PC & start all over. Have no idea of how to do it.
    P.S. Using a friends PC to sent this to you.
    Help!!!!:confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

3. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

Have you tried this yet?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

AVG will not always get everything. You might also want to post this in the Malware section since they might be able to help you so that you can avoid doing a complete reinstall. I recommend following the steps listed in the link above and post your results in the Malware section. Besides, if it is Malware it will follow your files onto the sticks and just be put back into your computer when you reinstall and add everything back in.

4. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

You go Laura with your bad self. :)

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

lol...beat ya. ;)

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds