I can't stay signed in any more

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Sgt. Tibbs, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Ever since the forums moved, I can't stay signed in. I check the "remember me" box, I allow cookies from this site, etc., etc., etc.... Still doesn't work. Every time I come here I have to sign in again. It'll last through a session, but if I leave and come back (even in the same window) I'm signed out again.

Any ideas?

Oh yeah. :rolleyes:
    Windows 2000 Pro
    IE6
    Zone Alarm
    Cookie Wall (cookies from this site on the "always allow" list)

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Assuming you have done this but have you deleted all the cookies and then tried again to see if it remeberes you, might have an old cookie causeing problems.

3. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Yup. All cookies are deleted something like twice a month, and yesterday was the day.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Are you seeing the address now instead of the IP? I would double check yourt cookies for both the ip and web address and delete them with the browser closed, then re-try.

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I was never seeing the IP, I just followed my forums bookmark to get here.

However, it seems to be working now (or, at least I just left here for a while and came back to find I was still signed in).

I hate when the software gods screw with me. :rolleyes:

6. brksta

brksta Corporal

i have no idea why its doing that but its doing it to me too and its been doing it ever since the forums moved, i dont have a cookie wall so some how i doubt it would be that, but who knows???:confused: :confused:

7. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Mine's all fixed now. I didn't do anything. :confused:

8. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

try recreating the bookmark after deleting your cookies brksta

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds