I finally took the plunge and registered !!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by FAST_FILLY, Jun 26, 2009.

1. FAST_FILLY

FAST_FILLY Private E-2

I earned my J.D. but I guess you can tell by my username I rodeo and show my Palomino. His call name is Trace and mine, for the time being, is Fast Filly.:-D Okay, that was cruel but although I've read this site, learned, followed it faithfully, I was still sort of nervous about actually registering and posting. But alas, I've at last become either completely lacking in patience or completely stupid because this notebook, now perhaps 14? mos. old, has had a buttload of quirks -- and I'm being kind -- that have driven me straight up the wall! I spent a year, YES! a year arguing w/ HP over various issues and while occasionally one would get solved, an overwhelming amount would just be impossible to understand. For HP. I've purchased HP notebooks every 18 - 24 mos. for longer than I care to admit, mostly because I just get so frustrated I just start over. However, this notebook has convinced me I'm finished w/ HP. I travel so the notebook is preferable but brand? Who knows.

One thing that just sticks in my craw about HP is this: See the smiley dudes? They're all laughing, crying, drooling, etc. right? If I save ANY type of animated image, a .gif, once it hits my hard drive it's frozen in time and that just drives me CRAZY! Can it really be that difficult for an HP Rep?

I have more to say but there's always tomorrow -- my parents say I began talking in full sentences at a very young age ... and I've not shut up since. It sort of makes me understand why they didn't adopt anymore babies ... or why some mothers eat their young. I got lucky!!;)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, don't be nervous as it's a friendly bunch of members from all around the globe, so just join in any of the conversation in lounge etc as all views are welcome :) glad you took the plunge and joined up.

nice backgroud, rodeo how cool is that

If you have any tech questions on your errant HP then just choose forum area that most fits the issue, software hardware etc

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome to MGs Fast Filly hope you enjoy your stay.
    No doubt someone will be along with help soon.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    I'm sure you will find this an interesting AND informative place.
    I believe you'll like it here.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, FAST_FILLY :wave, glad you could join us.. Don't be nervous, nobody here bites, and you couldn't find a better place !

There is LOTS here to learn, and LOTS of nice people here, I am sure you will enjoy your stay.. Just have a look around, plenty of good reading here. You got problems, you will find answers here.. ;)

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

7. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to theMajor Geek forums, FF. :wave
    Got another horsey gal around here, Kathy M. You two will get on like a house on fire. K goes more for the racing, I think. But a horse is a horse is a horse, right?
    You'll get your issues resolved soon. Bet on it. ;)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

9. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome FF and Trace!! Joey is right :) I love horses but my thing is horse racing :) Although I used to ride many years ago....:( wish I still did!

You will for sure get help here at MG's!! We have some incredibly brilliant puter people!! I have to mention that most everyone here are the best people you will have the honour of making friends with :0 So, enjoy the "ride" :-D

10. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome:wave

11. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Well hey there Fast_Filly and welcome to the best forum around.
    Another horse lover here. I'm not choosy.
    As everyone said you've come to the right place for help. If you don't understand something do ask,as it may be a question that someone else thought they knew the answer to or were afraid to ask them selves. There are lots of great people here and lots of interesting things that go on here.Never a dull moment. So cruise around the place and have a look see. Enjoy.

12. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

:wave there FF i'm a fairly noobee and have been welcomed with open arms by almost everyone an have really n joyed it so a big WELCOME from me too :clapand a big :grouphug from everyone here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds