i have a browser redirect virus and i can't get rid of it!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by billytheclam, Jun 11, 2010.

1. billytheclam

billytheclam Private E-2

First of all, thank you in advance for any help i can get.

The title of this pretty much sums it up. Any link I click on after doing a Google search opens up a new tab and redirects to a totally irrelevant page. This is happening on Chrome, as well as IE7 (which i rarely use). I've been running Malwarebytes, Spybot, and Super Antispyware, pus a couple of trojan removers and my trusty antivirus program, and nothing is finding the problem.

I have found useful information on here in the past, so I was hoping some kind soul would set me on the right path to clean this problem up.

Thank you again for any help you can offer!

btc

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. billytheclam

billytheclam Private E-2

Thank you!

4. Mogombus

Mogombus Private E-2

The ReadMe and RunMeFirst guide really does work. Gotta follow it closely though especially if you have one of those 'I already tried...' situations.

I venture to guess if you've followd the guide you're system is already repaired by now!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds