I keep getting logged out!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by legolass, Oct 19, 2006.

1. legolass

legolass Private First Class

Hello! Not sure where to post this, but I have a problem. I've posted a thread and have been requested to provide some detailed info re my problem. My reply is long and takes a while to type. Twice now, I've typed it all out, hit Reply, and been told that I'm not logged on (which I WAS when I started). Is there a way I can prevent this??? Am I doing something wrong???
    Thanks!
    legolass

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Sessions only last for around 10 minutes I think.

Theres 2 (that I can think of) solutions.

1: When you log in tick the 'remember me' option.

2: Type it in notepad and copy and paste it into the edit box after logging in when you are ready

You can do stuff with tabbed browsers with a tab that auto refreshes and propgates the session to windows derived from it but in your situation i'd say go with the first one.

3. legolass

legolass Private First Class

Hi matt.chugg! I've done both your suggestions - thanks very much. I should have thought of the copy/paste thing myself - Sorry!
    legolass

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

No problem ;) hopefully now you've got your post in we can help you get it sorted ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds