I Need Some Serious Help !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dcanand, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dcanand

dcanand Private E-2

Hi all,
    I need your help in fixing a error on my comp.
    After may be a gap of 3-4 years with lots of Josh i felt like playing my all time fav video game Recoil. I am having a frustrating problem/error when i try to run that game.

I need to install the game just like NFS before starting and it requires the CD to be present in the CDrom for running the game. With great difficulty i searched for that game and downloaded from net . it was a bit torrent image(703MB) and after burning it on a CD i installed the game. Once installed i need to go to start menu and go to the game and click on run recoil. However as soon as i run the game it pops up a error "RECOIL has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" the typical windows error. after troubleshooting for 2 days, believe it or not i formatted my C drive and did a fresh install of XP-SP2. Got the same error. Took the same CD to office and installed on my Laptop. Amazingly it works just fine. Please have a look at the attached screen shots taken from my system. I also tried to change the CD-Rom and using Virtual drive..same problem..i am really frustrated and wants to fix this. Please help !!!!

Note: My system configuration is much much advanced than my laptop.

Thanks,

Anand

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

If you illegally downloaded the software then we cannot help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds