IE 7.0 Problems after upgrade

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by uselbi, Feb 4, 2007.

1. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Hi my name is Jim. Hello to everyone.
    My question is when I upgraded my IE 6 to IE 7.0 I now get this message “Internet Explorer has encountered problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” the options are: Debug-Send error report or Don’t send. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still get the message when I close out of Internet Explorer. Thanks..Jim
    confused

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Welcome to MajorGeeks Jim.

4. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Thanks dromano..Jim

5. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Musksnipe,
    Thanks. There's a lot to read, so I will get back to you later OK?
    Jim

6. scottshad

scottshad Private First Class

jim, may ask what site did you download the I.E. 7?

7. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

scottshad,
    I used the update tool on the computer and it took me to Microsoft.com's web site and I downloaded it from there. Hope this helps?
    Jim

8. scottshad

jim, I can't help, but someone here will! you might want to visit the other areas within the site and see if someone else had the same problem while you are waiting.

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

10. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

musksnipe,
    Nothing seems to apply to me, but I'll keep trying. Thanks...Jim

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

12. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Musksnipe,
    My message is: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" ModName: ntdll.dll.

Jim

13. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

14. scottshad

Jim, did you get your problem with IE7 resolved?

15. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Bladesofhalo,
    Thank You.

Jim

16. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Scottshad,

No. None of the links apply to my problem. When I use Internet Explorer 7.0 it’s work fine until I close out, then I get this message: “Internet Explorer has encountered problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. Hope this helps

Jim

17. scottshad

Jim, post your problem in the software forum, and while you are there go thru some of the posts, you just might a solution already there!

18. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Scottshad,
    Will do. Thanks. Jim

19. uselbi

uselbi Private E-2

Scootshad,

Problem solved! Thanks for the software link "Annoying problem when I close IE window" it was right on the money. I used method #3 to disable Yahoo Toolbar. Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds