ie 7/google

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by myming, Sep 20, 2006.

1. myming

myming Private E-2

can i use internet explorer 7 and google together?
    reply: thnx

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2006
  2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I've never had any problems with gmail or google when i've had IE7 installed. Just remember that it is still in beta (unless i've missed something! ;) )

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MGs, myming.

Don't post your email address, unless you like a heavy diet of spam regularly ;) I have ask the Admins to remove it for you.

4. myming

myming Private E-2

thank you.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

IE7 works fine with the Google site and contrary to popular belief adn fud, the built in search function in IE7 can be defaultly changed to Google, ASK etc

Where it says Seach top right corner, click the little down arrow and choose pick more search providers ( or similar as I not at a PC with IE7 on at present ) , you will be taken to a Microsoft webpage in which you can choose a variety of search engines to add to IE7 and then you can set the one you'd like to be default, you are not limited to only MSN or Live search from Microsoft.

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds