im a newbie firewall help plz

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by lolipoplil, Jan 6, 2008.

1. lolipoplil

lolipoplil Private E-2

hi, i have just installed a softouch wireless router and i am hving probs. accessing certain websites (secure) also msn and ares winmx etc. i have disabled the router firewall but i can not disable windows firewall as it is not under control panel options since i reinstalled windows xp i cant find windows firewall settings anymore. plz help also my son is connected to a laptop via this pc he cant get anything either. my e mail address is <snip> if u can help ty

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Hello, and welcome to majorgeeks.com :major

This forum is only a welcome center. In order to make sure that the right people see your thread so we can resolve your problem as quickly as possible, you need to post in the appropriate forum.

If you believe it's a problem with the router, post Here in the Networking Forum
    If you believe it's a problem with the software/parental controls/firewall , post Here in the Software Forum

There's plenty of knowledgeable folks here that would be happy to help you out.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. bluflames

bluflames Private E-2

Try to go to the start menu click run type services.msc and look for the windows firewall there and disable it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds