Im new, as of now!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lalaine, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Lalaine

Lalaine Private E-2

Hi all--
    I just signed on.
    Need some help with computer hardware. Im going to spend a little time checking out the posts.
    Im a software gal.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks. Hope we can help each other. :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. Lalaine

Lalaine Private E-2

Hello all--
    I signed up here so I could get some insight about fixing my unfixable mess of a computer. Its old and I cant use it properly until I get some sort of protection. Ive taken it offline. I was looking into downloading the free avg software. I think I have malicious software lurking since I keep encountering hidden files. One in particular keeps popping up is hpothb07. ( I think thats how it goes) My computer freezes and I get all sorts of error messages. Ive been searching the internet on what this is. I also have a mcafee issue that keeps bugging me. Can anyone share some advice? I would appreciate the help. Thanks. Also, I can only get online sporatically - so please forgive the delay in responding. Thanks.

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com!

For suspected malware issues, follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs in the Malware Forum when you finish these instructions.

Read & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

For questions related to advice on software applications, make a new thread in the Software Forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds