Info needed

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Hunnie, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hunnie

Hunnie Private E-2

Hi everyone, I am a new person and would like to know something about the Grisoft AVG free edition. I currently have last years edition and have received a message saying it will soon expire, to download the new edition 7.5 Can anyone tell me do I need to first delete the old or will the new edition replace the old without first deleting it. Thanks to all who may be able to help me.
    :confused: hunnie

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ....when you download the update version and launch it you will have three options ....one to repair ...do that ...you don't need to uninstall the previous if you do the repair option.:) :)

3. Hunnie

Hunnie Private E-2

Hi TimW many thanks for your help. I sure will give what you suggested a try. Will let you know how I fair in my endeavor with avg. Again thanks again:) :cool:

4. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Hi and welcome to MG's.....good luck with 7.5, its great and will keep you updated for many moons to come!

5. Hunnie

Hunnie Private E-2

Hi nitecrawler thanks for the warm welcome and for sure the avg is great.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome Hunnie

Did you manage to update to the new version of AVG ok?

7. Hunnie

Hunnie Private E-2

Hi Halo thany you for warm welcome and YES I finally got the newest avg downloaded. Have a great day ;) :D

8. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

9. Hunnie

Hunnie Private E-2

Hi Bladesofhalo thank you for the welcome, have a great day

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds