install linux to new hard drive

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by the kav, Aug 18, 2007.

1. the kav

the kav Private E-2

Good Afternoon,
    A little guidance please; I have a 300G hard drive, nothing on it. I have an ISO version on a dvd disk of MEPIS 6.5. I want to put the Mepis OS on that hard drive, nothing else!Exactly what steps:confused do I have to do to get my results....A bit more info: I also have a 300G hard drive already installed running Windows.( Thats 2 300G hard drives).
    Thank you .....Rich

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks.

First. You should have put this in the Linux section.

I just happen to have that CD. I have always liked Mepis. It is a great LiveCD. Although I have Gentoo installed. Anyway, read this file on the CD: /mepis/MEPIS-QUICK-START.html
    It gives lots of info.

If you have a problem with Grub or Lilo or whichever boot-manager you install, just do a fixboot and fixmbr using your Windows disk.

3. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds