internet problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by curiousgal, Jan 22, 2007.

1. curiousgal

curiousgal Private E-2

Hi all,
    I have a problem. Usually I can figure problems out but I am stumped this time.
    I am running Windows 2000 professional and last week I found DSO EXPLOIT when I was running my SpyBot. I got a fix from SpyBot and got rid of it. BUT I still cannot get on the internet. When my internet company dials and receives, as soon as it says connect to the internet, the power kicks off my computer and reboots itself. This is what was happening when I had the DSO EXPLOIT. I have ran my SpyBot and AdAware several times since and they say everything is ok. I tried to upgrade my Internet Explorer 5 but I cant get anything to work.
    HELP!
    Thanks!:eek:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Its possible you still have some sort of malware on your PC, its best to follow this guide READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide follow the instructions and gain the logs required then post a new thread in the Malware Removal part of the forum and restate the info above and attach your logs.

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

W2MGs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds