Intro

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sevenismagic, Dec 5, 2007.

1. sevenismagic

sevenismagic Private First Class

Hi all. I'm a new one. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I've been playing around for a few months now. A friend gave me a server, so I thought I should poke around and learn how to use it.

I have had both successes and troubles along the way. I joined so I can see what some of the topics are and what I might learn here. I used to just dabble with graphics, but the 'geek' part of it all has become so fascinating...I can't get anything else done! Heh.

Anyway...this seems like a good place to be. I look forward to a good experience here.

Thanks

Seven

Oh - I'm fairly certain someone is remotely accessing my PC...it just happened when I posted the panic title. I'm not sure what to do about it, but they seem to leave me alone as long as I'm in here...I have no idea! They're changing my backgrounds, themes, fonts, connecting to my server via my remote desktop connection...you name it...too crazy. I'm open to ideas.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ......you can post server questions in the software forum...and you may also address the other issue ...though I am thinking you do not have security established thru your router ...nor have no firewall (such as COmodo or ZoneAlarm).

3. sevenismagic

:) Thanks... I appreciate it. I wasn't sure where to look.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Yep. Welcome to MG. :)

Have a look in the Malware forum too.

6. sevenismagic

Yep...Malware was fun! I spent all afternoon killing things that didn't belong...very satisfying, indeed.

I have my router, and I'm studying up on www.portforward.com. The Qwest dude actually told me about that one. It's very basic and straight forward - excellent for a beginner. :cool

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds