invalid thread specified?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mslady99, Sep 8, 2007.

1. mslady99

mslady99 Private E-2

hello every one,
    I submitted a hijack log and i got a notice stating "invalid thread specified" what does that mean? was my post successful?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome. :)

It doesn't look like your post went through. I'm not sure what would cause that unless you tried to post in someone else's thread in the Malware Forum, where only authorized people can respond to threads.

As far as a hijack this log though, I will give you some advice. If you are worried about your computer being infected with malware, you will have to follow the Read & Run me thread that is stickied in the Malware forum and then start a new thread and post all your logs in a new thread before anyone will be able to help you.

If you have another reason for your hijack this log, you should still start your own thread and make sure you put it in your post as a file attachement only. You can't post inline logs at MGs.

Good luck.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

That would be caused when your post was caught by the forums filter, and will appear when manually approved by a mod. Just wait it and it should appear soonl.

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Just joined up and had the same prob. How long will it take to check the HT log or should simply attach the log and post.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Unless you have spyware issues, and have followed the procedures prior to posting the log, we really prefer that you do not post a hjt log, unless requested.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

To MSlady99, I have looked for your thread and sadly cannot find one even one that was caught by the filters which not only stop spam but also will block HJT logs if not posted as per our READ ME guide in the malware forum, so please run the guide and start a new thread and attach the logs requested and I will make sure to look for your post and see if its posted ok and if caught inthe filter I will autorise it so its readable.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds