Is There A Help Page For Using These Forums ?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rogerdc, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rogerdc

rogerdc Private E-2

i know there's prob one somewhere on this site but i cant find it.
    i'm trying to include an attached file with my post. i'm using "upload a file" - but when i browse to the file location on my HD it tells me that it's not the right file extension. the file is text and i've tried saving it with 3 extensions and each time i get the same error msg.

any help app (big time)
    rogerdc

ps what are tags and what's the adv to using them

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

There should be no reason why you are unable to attach a .txt file. In order to do so, you use the Upload a file as you said you were trying. The only thing I can think of is you are trying to upload a file that is too large.

Tags are key words from your post and are for searching. Honestly, I'm not sure what use they would be here and I'm not sure why anyone uses them. If you use tags, someone can put a key word in the search here and it should pull your post up.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If the file is too big, right click it and scroll to send to.......then choose compressed folder and save it to your desktop. You should be able to upload it then.

4. rogerdc

rogerdc Private E-2

many tks 4 the timely reply guys - the file is only 12kb. hardly big enough to overload the wagon. Tim, will try your idea with send to .....
    oh, by the way - how do i find the "help page" ??

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. rogerdc

rogerdc Private E-2

found it - tks guys

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds