It's Time To Leave...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eldon, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's been almost 3 years... :cool:
    On Thursday 5 October 2017 I'll be admitted to hospital for a triple bypass operation.
    Last year during the month of June I suffered 2 heart attacks. As it happened in my sleep, I can't tell anyone what it's like being attacked by your heart. :eek:
    I'm logging out tomorrow evening.

DavidGP likes this.
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Eldon...you will be missed around this place during your recovery...of which I am sure you will make a speedy one!

Best of luck with your procedure and the in the days to follow. You take care of yourself and listen to your doctors and nurses. We will see you when you get back. Try to check in to let us know how it all went.

Eldon likes this.
  3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

See you on the other side!! Have a speedy recovery!

Eldon likes this.
  4. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Have a speedy recovery, Eldon! I look forward to seeing you when you're back.

Eldon likes this.
  5. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Best wishes for your recovery. Come back soon.

Eldon likes this.
  6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

All the best, Eldon. My father had a triple, and it gave him a new life. Take it easy.

Eldon likes this.
  7. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Tempus fugit

Eldon likes this.
  8. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Crikey!!! That sure is bad news :(
    Laura is correct when she says you will be missed :(
    I sincerely hope your procedure is successful and you have a speedy recovery that is free of problems.
    Sending my best wishes to you and your family and hoping to see you back on the forum in no time ;)
    [​IMG]

Eldon likes this.
  9. joffa

Hey Eldon.... I hope this isn't you :D
    [​IMG]

Bob D., Gensuknives and Eldon like this.
  10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'll miss you.
    [​IMG]

Eldon likes this.
  11. Eldon

Thank you só much everyone for the kind words and well-wishing. :)
    I truly appreciated it.

BTW The cardiologist said I can have one light beer before the operation wich is only scheduled for 12 October 2017.
    I think I'll take it with... :rolleyes:
    beer_can.jpg

Gensuknives and Imandy Mann like this.
  12. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Hope all goes well. I know a few people who had heart ops in the last few years and all came out great. Saw one getting pizza to go only a week later. I don't know if he had beer with it but he did have a smile on his face! Doctors are great. I went through diagnostics 7 years ago with unknown problem. So I got every test you can get. Nothing sacred anymore. My body got poked and pulled every which way but loose. But they saved my life and taught me how to keep on living. Hope you have the best team you can get!

I'd drink that beer for sure!

Eldon likes this.
  13. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Sorry to hear the news Eldon. This procedure will give you a new lease on life - you'll know to watch what you eat...moderation, moderation, moderation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and the best lookin' nurses around... upload_2017-10-4_10-7-23.png Let us know how you are...will miss you until you return.

Cheers

LS​

[​IMG]

Eldon likes this.
  14. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Come back soon, Eldon!

Eldon likes this.
  15. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

How are you going Eldon?

Noticed you've been around...driving doctors and nurses crazy by not resting up?

Take care

Cheers

LS

Eldon likes this.
  16. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Still on here couple of hours ago - you mind they don't confiscate your tablet/phone/whatever. You are supposed to be resting Eldon!

August last year I was hit with a severe TIA in the middle of the night and was convinced my number was up, it was so bad. Doctors were unbelievable, got me on the right medication and with a few simple lifestyle changes I'm fine again. I really hope your recovery will be as complete as mine has been.

Eldon likes this.
  17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Men! Typical! Never know when to stop.:rolleyes:

Eldon, if you're reading this, REST UP!

Now you're showing common sense with your lifestyle changes...done good:)

Eldon likes this.
  18. harmless

harmless Staff Sergeant

and here's another wish and thought to your speedy recovery!!!
    take care!!

Eldon likes this.
  19. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Eldon my friend I see you back online, so all must have gone well?
    Wishing you a speedy recovery as major surgery will take it out of you....

Eldon likes this.
  20. Eldon

All the necessary tests were done on Thursday (the day I was admitted), and I have been 'released' :rolleyes: for the weekend.
    Tomorrow I go back and the operation has now been scheduled for Tuesday next week.

joffa, hitest, Imandy Mann and 2 others like this.
  21. DavidGP

So a get out of jail free card! you must have been good :)

I really wish you well and know all will go ok, please let us know (even if someone else posts on your behalf) how you got on.

joffa and Eldon like this.
  22. Eldon

Will do. :)

23. joffa

Hehehe I wondered why you were back online.... I thought you were doing my trick and taking your laptop into the hospital and tethering to your mobile phone ;)
    Good to hear the tests went well otherwise they wouldn't have released you.
    Best wishes for next Tuesday and as DavidGP says, "Please let us know how you went with the surgery".

DavidGP and Eldon like this.
  24. oma

oma MajorGeek

Eldon, have a speedy recovery from the upcoming surgery and let us know how you are as soon as you will be able to.

25. Eldon

Hi, the surgery on Tuesday went well, all the drips & pipes were removed yesterday, and I'm back in a general ward. No idea when I'll be home.

DavidGP, oma, LauraR and 2 others like this.
  26. joffa

Glad to hear you are OK Eldon:D
    I hope you make a speedy recovery and can go home soon :cool:

Thanks for letting us know

Eldon likes this.
  27. TimW

Good to know!! Hopes for a speedy recovery and a return to the forums.!!

Eldon likes this.
  28. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Great news, Eldon! Thank you for the update. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you here in the near future.

Eldon likes this.
  29. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're doing well!

Eldon likes this.
  30. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Cheers!

[​IMG]

Eldon likes this.
  31. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

That's great Eldon. :)

Eldon likes this.
  32. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Hey Eldon! Welcome back, but please do take care...and do try to be a Good Boy during rehab, get those lungs good and strong!

Take care and...
    upload_2017-10-15_9-49-40.jpeg

Cheers

LS​

Eldon likes this.
  33. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Veritas vos liberabit
    :cool:

Eldon likes this.
  34. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Great news, Eldon! Glad to hear it went well. Behave yourself and make a speedy recovery.

Eldon likes this.
  35. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Eldon, just seeing the news. Very much glad you are on the mend!

Eldon likes this.
  36. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Scary title, glad you are doing well.

Eldon likes this.
  37. oma

oma MajorGeek

Great news Eldon. Are you listening to the nurses because there is no worse thing than disobeying them?

Eldon likes this.
  38. Eldon

Hi everyone! :D
    It's good to be back.
    brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I never expected so many kind words and I can't thank you enough. :)

FYI Sometime during the first 24 hours after the operation I was in a critical condition - I read my file :eek:. But I was moved from ICU to a private room within 2½ days (last Friday) and was 'released' today. Strangely enough, the lenghty incision on my right leg is far more painfull than the actual bypass operation. :confused:

DavidGP likes this.
  39. TimW

Good to know you are back home. Continue to rest up and heal!

Eldon likes this.
  40. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Surgery like yours can be a postcode lottery and it seems you have got lucky Eldon. You should now be able to enjoy life to the full so make sure you do!

Eldon likes this.
  41. joffa

Great to see you back mate :D
    Glad it went well and the doctors were up to the job ;)
    Lucky for you heart surgery was first pioneered in Africa by Dr. Christian Barnard in the 1960s so bypass surgery is probably fairly commonplace these days.

I hope you continue your recovery and can appreciate this second shot at life so look after yourself and take the doctor's advice on healthy life choices :cool:
    Cheers
    joffa:cool:

Eldon likes this.
  42. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Great news Eldon! The whole experience must have been sobering for you...like someone said above, you've a 2nd chance now.

The key now is Moderation, Moderation, Moderation. Watch your diet, eat healthy and exercise! "Sitting is the new Smoking" so be a gooda li'l boy an' do your excisess!

As for your leg, standard with your type of operation is have blood vessels taken from another area of the body, and in your case, sounds like it was from the leg - so I reckon you must be wearing those pretty white stockings for right now?:p

Glad you're back, but do take care.

Cheers

LS

Eldon likes this.
  43. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Glad you are home, Eldon!
    I hope your leg heals well. (My mother-in-law went through the same thing. Unfortunately, she was diabetic so any sores on her legs tended not to heal.)

Eldon likes this.
  44. TimW

Eldon ...... if I see you are still on at 11:30 your time.... I will ban you for 8 hours!! You are supposed to be resting!! So get some sleep tonight!!

oma, Eldon and joffa like this.
  45. oma

oma MajorGeek

Eldon and joffa like this.
  46. joffa

Hehehe this might get Eldon's attention and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest was a great movie.....it makes me never want to lose my mental faculties and end up in a mental hospital :eek:

@TimW great sentiment and Eldon really should be resting up hehehe.... we do want him to get better ;)

Eldon likes this.
  47. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

You'd better heed OMA's advice Eldon, you certainly wouldn't want Nurse Ratched to happen to you...
    [​IMG]

oma and Eldon like this.
  48. Eldon

Don't worry, I'm getting plenty of rest... :p

oma and joffa like this.
  49. DavidGP

GLAD all went well with surgery! and take it easy with the recuperation period. You my friend are well liked/appreciated on the forum for your help and assistance so its natural for the core members to want to make sure you are OK.

Just keep as you do letting us know how you getting on and keep Majorgeeking it.

Eldon likes this.
  50. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Great to know you are up and about Eldon, but just take it easy, and give your body time to adjust, without pushing yourself.
    It is a marvellous accomplishment by the medical world.
    When I think how lucky I am to have a diy bypass (using a vein, my completely blocked right coronary artery was bypassed by my own body) I- think my family heritage helped to allow my body to adapt somehow. (father had triple, grandfather had his problem before Christina Barnard started the heart transplant efforts, and was unlucky.)-What you might call EVOLUTION......
    That happened 17 years ago.......
    Unfortunately, it is still rare to have it happen, and for most, like yourself, it is major op, but they seem to be able to perform these miracles so well now.
    New lease of life for you, so pleased :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds