Joined for help and got infected!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by NTLDR, Mar 24, 2008.

1. NTLDR

NTLDR Private E-2

Hey guys, I would like to know how come my comp just got ****ed up when I was writing about an error I have? This was the only site I had activated so now I have to fight against that fu--ng jkkjg.dll and a popUp-window with AbeBot just appeared rolleyes

WTF is happening?

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

I can understand your frustration but the likelihood that anything on this site caused your issue while you were starting a thread is essentially nonexistent. The error you mentioned you were getting before coming here is most likely the root of your pop-up window. Malware often will cause unexplained errors then at some point finally show itself in some manner such as a pop-up window.

Please follow the link from FRED_G's reply to fix your computer. For future refrence...this is a family oriented site so please watch your language.

Thanks! :)
    AbbySue

4. NTLDR

NTLDR Private E-2

Yeah, thats what I thought as well, that I didnt get infected thrue this site but when this was the only site I had up I got worried cause my brother managed to get a similar trojan in my mums comp wich ended up with format c: :(

I just installed Super Ad Blocker from superadblocker.com and so far I havent seen any signs of still bein' infected but if I'm still, I'll follow his link ;)

No I have to re-write my other thread... again. :cry

Thanx guys! :major

PS. Sorry bout the F-word

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds