Just posting to say thanks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by karla, Nov 4, 2006.

1. karla

karla Private E-2

Recently had the VirusBurst adware on my computer. Upon Googling it, the sites that offered aid just wanted to push *their* products on me and instructions for manual removal of files weren't helping, as I couldn't seem to find the files they were saying were part of the program.

I'm not exactly sure *how* I found this forum, but I'm very glad I did. After following the 'Read and Run Me First' thread's instructions, while it didn't get rid of the problem, it did allow me to see exactly what it was I had. I then went to the 'Alternate Scans' and was able to get rid of the adware with the programs that were offered on that thread.

So, a very big thank you to the creators of those threads, and the strong support network this forum offers. You have no idea how much it's appreciated. ^^

Kathy, aka Karla

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

You are most welcome.
    Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

3. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

i will always thank the geeks here since day one for helping me....Also keeping me in line,,,cheers

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Wow, great stuff Karla, fixing malware yourself via the guides must give you a nice rosey geeky glow ;) The guys that write those guides and steps will be really happy they helped you.

and welcome to the forum :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds