Just stopping in as a newby

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by smokenpipes, Jun 20, 2009.

1. smokenpipes

smokenpipes Private E-2

HI Folks:wave I ran across Your forum in yahoo answers and was intriqued since I own a gateway PCand a new dell laptop both using Vista and Iam having various issues with both..It make take me two or three years to actually ask, since I'm generally clueless Have always tryed my best To avoid Not updating my spyware tools but have found some scary aspects from time to time.. anyway I'll be around hopefully tryingtolearn and will ask if need be, then comes the hard part.,. actually trying things.. lol I'm slow tech wise..ok? I admit it.. :cry...kik Jim

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. We don't byte. ;)

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

We've all been there at some point. Just remember, there is nothing at all embarrassing about asking questions. Nothing. :) Being ignorant is nothing to be ashamed of. We're all ignorant of something or other... being stupid is a bad thing, but anyone who is actively trying to learn has moved beyond being stupid and into the realms of being a padawan.

Welcome to the site, padawan-learner. Remember, you must join the dark side. We have cookies. ;)

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Updating your AntiSpyware and AV is as simple as posting here was. And about as painful.
    People here help newbies all the time. Even the most knowledgeable was a newb at one time.
    So if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. You will get an answer.

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Smokenpipes
    You've come to the right place as these guys and gals will have you back on track and..."Smoken"LOL in no time, but in the mean time have a look around and PLEASE ask questions. You don't learn if you don't ask, That's what I say. There's a lot of help around here. "Just Post It And They Will Come" and reply to it:-D Check out the rest of the forum I'm sure you enjoy it.;)

6. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to MajorGeeks, smoken. :wave
    Yeah, you right, smoken. The hard part is trying things. However, doing things gets easier after a while. Actually, the first step is the hardest bit. Everything looks soooo daunting. The easy part is the feeling of satisfaction you get from fixing your PC and it runs well. Plus, you know something you didn't know yesterday. Then it just gets easier and easier. Patience is key.

Me too. :-D

Hope you sort your problems soon. With the help you receive from here, you'll be fine. Good luck.

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, smokenpipes:wave , you have come to the right place... We were all newbies at one point.. Heck, we all started out as a newbie! :-D

You will be fine.. You got questions, we got answers, so ask away! :drool You will get answers to any question you post, so don't be afraid to ask... That is how you will learn. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds