Just wanted to say thanks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by freff, Dec 24, 2008.

1. freff

freff Private E-2

I got caught with a particularly nasty and persistant version of vundo which I wasn't able to do anything about. Unfortunately, my paid anti-virus had lapsed, and it got in through a java exploit and was annoying the hell out of me.

Fortunately, I came here, and not only was there rediculously thorough advice that helped me finally pin down and kill the virus(es), but I was also able to find some solid replacements for my AV/firewall combo. You guys are running an outstanding website with scores of great information on it. Thanks again, even if I never had to formally ask for the help first. :cool

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! Feel free to browse the site and post in some of the other areas. They do have an awesome antip-malware section here!

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..
    You would be advised to post the logs of the scans you did, in the malware forum.
    There may still be left overs, that will need cleaned up by the malware experts.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :wave

5. :):waveHello A Warm Welcome To The Forums :cool

You do get top advice here,good luck and safe surfing :)

Maximus.....:cool:major​

6. freff

freff Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty sure I didn't keep the scan logs as it seemed pretty clear after some extensive messing around that all was right with my system. The one thing I noticed was I was no longer able to access msconfi.exe from the run tab afterwards. I ended up fixing that with a workaround by placing "c:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries" into my system variables path. Do you think it would be worth it to do a quick rescan and post the logs here just to see if theres anything I missed?

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

yes! But you must first create a thread in malware removal which is where you should attach the logs, not here in the welcome centre. and then any further questions you have regarding malware should be directed at whoever takes on your thread :)

Kes

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds