justice dept warning

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bp9019, Sep 7, 2012.

1. bp9019

bp9019 Private E-2

while i was on the internet i got ascreen that said it was from the justice dept and iwould not have access to the internet unless i paid 100 dollars with acard from rite aid ,7-11 or walgreens. ishut down the computer and tried internet again and got same message. i restarted computer at previosly saved point.i have bitdefender but it didnot stop this .i think this malware or whatever it is is still on my computer.what can i do:confused

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

3. bp9019

bp9019 Private E-2

having trouble with tds skiller

i ran hit man and it says i have no issues

why do i have babbylon as search engine for new tab and when i log on i get a notepad ini file every time

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Work through the Read And Run Me, linked in post # 2 by hrlow2.
    Follow the directions.
    Please be diligent and take your time. If you have issues, make a note of the same- and continue on to the next step of instructions.
    Once you have the requested logs, please attach the same in a new thread started in MalwareRemoval.
    Mention any Issues, you may have faced running /obtaining any logs from the scanners.
    Cheers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds