Kestrel13! & Conduit search and MyPC backup

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dbarre14, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dbarre14

dbarre14 Guest

Trying to respond to your last post but it seems the administrator has switched off my ability to post!! Can you get it turned by on - I have a reply to your comment about Hitman. All the programs/files you list have in fact been deleted from my computer. I would like to carry on to make sure that all is now OK. Thanks.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

You can not respond to threads in our Malware Forum. Only the original poster and our malware experts can do that.

You are talking as if you have followed someone else's thread...or at least I'm seeing this is your first post. Those threads are specifically tailored towards someone else's computer and the files on there. They are not general fixes, and in fact, following them could possibly break your machine.

If you have malware, you should follow the Read and Run Me First that is stickied in that forum and then start a new thread to post your logs.

3. LauraR

4. dbarre14

dbarre14 Guest

I am first of all scrumhalf. I created another account because I couldn't find any other way to 'contact' you [or the administrator]. Kestrel13! last post said "Hitman still shows all these that you need to delete:" and then listed 8 pages of files. I've checked my computer and all these files have been deleted. As the original poster [scrumhalf] I tried to post this back to Kestrel13! but got the "can't post" message. Can you reconnect me with Kestrel13! as scrumhalf to finish the job?? Thanks.

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

How confusing....

Right... Rescan with Hitman Pro (yes again) take a look at the log before you attach it. Does it still show problems now, or is it just an empty log? Let me know here in this thread! :) (I do not understand why you cannot reply as scrumhalf)

6. LauraR

Are you unable to log into your scrumhalf account? I will be happy to try to help you, but need to understand what the problem is. You can't contact anyone via PM because you have to have a certain amount of posts to do so. You can receive them though. If you have lost your password, I will change it for you and send you what I changed it to via PM (you would then change it to something of your choosing).

Or...the other thing you can do is start another thread in the Malware forum with this account, post a link to your original thread stating your inability to post in the other thread, and go from there.

Either way, you can't continue in the welcome forum.

Let me know about your account.

7. dbarre14

dbarre14 Guest

Re-scanned with HitmanPro. Scan results: No threats found.
    Saved log on desktop as HotmanPro_20140306_1458.log
    Then Next - removal results = delete failed; two Potential unwanted programs [Babylon] and 52 cookies.
    Log is attached.

Sorry about problem with scrumhalf; I couldn't understand it either. I've attached snip of the "No permission message".
    Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  8. LauraR

That screenshot shows that you are trying to access your scrumhalf thread with the dbarre14 account. That is why you can't.

I have deleted your hitman log because as I already stated, you can not continue your malware removal in this thread or the welcome forum.

You have two immediate options:

Log into your scrumhalf account to continue on in your existing malware thread if you are able.

or

Start a new thread in Malware with this user (dbarre14), copy and paste the link to your existing thread you have going, and post your new logs.

Just as a note...we do not allow for someone to have two accounts. Please let me know what you would like to do as far as that. If you for some reason do not have access to your other account, let me know and I will help you get access.

9. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

10. LauraR

I've moved your post to your thread in Malware as linked by Kestrel. Please continue on in there with your scrumhalf account.

11. LauraR

Also, please let me know which account you would like to keep.

If you do not want the scrumhalf username, I would be happy to change the name for you to whatever you would like.

If I don't hear back from you in this thread regarding your two accounts by this Sunday, I'm going to delete the dbarre14 account since we do not allow two accounts and that is the most recent.

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

As per this post http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1863556&postcount=12 we will have to delete this account first before associating the @gmail.com address of yours with the scrumhalf account (which has your talktalk.com address).

So as mentioned by Laura by Sunday we will delete the dbarre14 account and can add your gmail address to the account, but do remember that the email has changed if needing to login and or recovering the account password.

13. LauraR

Since there has been no response, I am going to delete the dbarre14 account. If you would like the scrumhalf username changed, let me know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds