Large Major Geeks Ad For Newsletter (slides From Right Side)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by coover, Jun 8, 2023.

1. coover

coover Private E-2

I have subscribed to the Major Geeks Newsletter ... got one just yesterday. However, I still get the large ad for this newsletter and it covers a lot of the webpage. That, normally, would not be a problem, but, at least in my case, it is. You see, when I attempt to close the ad in order to see the things I want or need to see on the webpage, the !@#$%^&*()_+ advertisement WILL NOT CLOSE! I click on the "X" and click and I click and nothing happens ... this is infuriating!

This is on a Dell Inspiron 3891 running Windows 11 Pro and the browser of my choice, Brave
    Version 1.52.122 Chromium: 114.0.5735.110 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Please correct this. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks, guys!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Where are you seeing this ad? I just fired up Brave and see no ad.
    Of course, I have the extension UBlockOrigin installed in Brave.
    mgmain.jpg

4. Philipp

Philipp Administrator Staff Member

It is no longer there ;). Jim tried a widget from Mailchimp (the newsletter provider) on that day, but it had been taken down the same day due to problems reported by numerous users.

plodr likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds