Looking for help...new to this

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by arainman, Apr 27, 2008.

1. arainman

arainman Private E-2

Hi All,
    I am looking to speed up my computer. I have had several problems with spyware (like zeno search) and also have problems loading pages like ** Link removed ** (seemed to follow an update to AOL). I was wondering if someone can guide me in speeding things up a bit. I have limited knowledge of Hijackthis, but I can follow direction very well. It says I have particularly large amounts of hijacked domains on my computer (not sure what this means, but I think I want to correct it). PLEASE Help!

Thanks,
    J

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and Welcome. :)

If you think you have malware, please completely follow the instructions in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and then post all the requested logs in a new thread in Malware Removal.

Hijackthis is only a tool to help identify some malware. Therefore, it is not relied on by the MG malware experts to clean computers of infection. They are the only ones who will be able to help you out with that.

Good luck. :)

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

I see LauraR gave you the link.

E

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds