Lost Thread 4 Deep Cleaning PC

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sunmaiden, Aug 19, 2007.

1. sunmaiden

sunmaiden Private E-2

I'm looking for a thread that had a "nit-picky", tedious but very thorough and effective procedure to deep-clean your computer.

I got down to #8 to download and install Ad-Adware SE Personal and found the bullets do not apply to the latest free version, Ad-Aware 2007. I wanted to notify the person(s) who wrote this so they could update that portion for newbees like myself.

So, if the Major :major is reading this (or another geek) perhaps you could lead me to the thread, or let the poster know, I would be grateful.
    Sunmaiden
    :heart

2. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

LOL I think flirting is fun, but you're looking for a link to Spyware Removal. Good luck. If the malware is stubborn about leaving, go to the Malware Removal troubleshooting boards, chaslang or another Anti-Spyware Geek should be able to help.

Happy hunting babe. ;)

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hi and Welcome to MGs Sunmaiden,

The only "nit-picky" tedious thread I can think of is the Malware Removal one and it does not have Ad-Adware in it anymore, so think you pickup up an old post link in a thread.

You should be doing this one if that's what your doing. It's posted at the top of the Malware Forum "READ & RUN ME FIRST"

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

If that's not it, please try to give more info so we can try to find for you.

p.s It's tedious and nit-picky cause it does the job :)

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

welcome to MG's..

6. sunmaiden

sunmaiden Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome and the info on the new and improved READ & RUN ME FIRST.

Honestly Chipper, I don't see a hint of flirting in my post.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds