Magazines

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sarumhyll, Aug 18, 2019.

1. sarumhyll

sarumhyll Private E-2

For the last several years because of budget constraints, I have subscribed only to 'Maximum PC' magazine.
    - - Subscribed all the way back to when they were giving free discs with programs and game trials on them along with the magazine.
    I've lost track of what magazines are out there, and most importantly, how they are viewed by this particular audience. Which publications are up-to-date, relevant, original and popular? I suppose some categorization might be in order, for purists. Let me know what you like, and why (even if he did or didn't really go to ?) - - just kidding. Let me hear from you. - - I'm an old systems and system programmer, analyst, designer, con(in)sultant, manager, partner, and novice PC builder, gamer, photographer, song writer, and ADOBE freak.
    Seriously, let me know what you think.
    - - dlcii - - sarumhyll

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The magazines I used to subscribe to have either ceased to exist or now exist in digital format only. PC World (last print edition August 2013), Windows Magazine (winmag.com is a 404 error), Computer World (went digital in 2014). For a time I was going to a bookstore and buying Linux magazines published in the UK. (I live in the US). Linux Journal ceased publication this month.

I don't mind reading e-books but I hate reading a magazine in digital format so I no longer subscribe to any magazine.

QwertyRepublic likes this.
  4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I have subscribed and purchased Maximum Pc at various times over the years. Have many of their cd's, even a few from the 'BOOT' era. Seems all links to MaxPC now go to PC Gamer. Have a few of those cd's also.

Now I just use a search engine for the topics individually and weed thru what might be relevant.
    Often I'll append - pdf to the search and get some good reading info that can be downloaded for use now and later.

Many sites are linked to here in answers to threads which contain useful info.

One example of my way is a search for.. 'digital controls pdf resulted in many hits.......

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=digital+contols+pdf&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Any topic can return a wealth of information.

baklogic and DavidGP like this.
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

QwertyRepublic likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds