Major Geeks BackUp

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by petakn, Apr 18, 2011.

1. petakn

petakn Private E-2

Good morning from Australia,

Have an account with GBackups, but due to a major crash, have no record of the log on name or password, and now of course would like to get my backup files back.

Does anyone know how one contacts a Support Section, or can someone else help here. I think from working through the user names I use I have isolated one that the system recognizes, but none of the normal password varients seem to fit, and retreiving via email does not work either, the system does not recognize any of my email address-so direct contact seems to be my last resort.

Thanks in advance

PetaK
    Aust.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi PetaK

I have forwarded your post here to one of the C0-Owners of Majorgeeks who should be able to help you with this.

3. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

My apologies, the backup system is managed by SOS online backup - passwords for that system are of the highest grade security and not recoverable.

------------------------

"The accounts are "UltraSafe" so don't forget your password - you can't reset or change it without knowing the old password to begin with and the data will become inaccessible."

4. petakn

petakn Private E-2

Well I am v. sad that I and other like me cannot be helped, I had thought that saving on such a major site would ensure that my property would be safe, and in an emergency I would be up and running reasonably quickly, obviously not.

Unable to access MG Bup, and sadly little assistance, SOS directed me to a log on page, not much good when you have lost the lot, & a straight 'this cannot be done' from the Forum.

Like others here back to the old external HD.

Still using LastPass for passwords, but tempted to go back to an indexed notebook and a metal tin. lol

PetaK....
    Aust.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds