Major Geeks Google Search Reveal

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by izzugotom, Nov 21, 2019.

1. izzugotom

izzugotom Private E-2

How can I contact major Geeks about information visible on Google search that should not be so.
    I would like to see Major Geeks take this up with the involved domain housing a certain website, rather than me myself.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

3. LauraR

Btw, what information are you talking about?

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

The old data from the hack years ago...the only data is email addresses. And all members had been asked to change passwords. This would be ONE data dump...there are obviously many more. It is a nothing burger, as they say, Laura.

DavidGP and LauraR like this.
  5. LauraR

Ugh...okay. I guess that should have occurred to me, but that is from 5 years ago...while we were on a different software platform.

DavidGP likes this.
  6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yes....I explained that to him in a PM. :)

DavidGP and LauraR like this.
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Good stuff Tim, these things will crop up now and again, especially in part-time forum users, not up on current issues.
    Thing is and I've looked at this lately in a side project in work for medical data, is that we can be very vocal about data leaks and intrusion into our personal data, howver we leak loads via social media, being on the internet, loyalty store cards, we give loads of data out to surveys in the hopes of winning a prize.

Eldon likes this.
  8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My sister-in-law, in her 80's, doesn't own a computer. She has a cellphone instead of a landline phone. She only uses it to make and receive calls. She doesn't know how to text, do email or anything related to using the internet. In fact, she doesn't have voice mail set up. I think she checks missed calls then calls back my husband.
    I read this morning that her cellphone provider, T-Mobile was hacked. <sigh> I printed out the info, gave it to my husband and he called his sister to tell her what phone number she has to call to find out what to do. T-Mobile was sending out texts. She doesn't do texts so if she were affected, she'd never know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds