Major help needed

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Billybob34, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Billybob34

Billybob34 Private E-2

Not sure if this is the place to post...I am new at this!

I have a computer that keeps crashing. It seems to be a hardware issue, but I am not sure?!

Over the past several weeks have hooked up a new Belkin N Router, networked to an older computer...downloading anything became an issue, would stop (on all computers) part way through the download whether it was video, music, update anti-virus etc... now my newer computer 7-8 months old has been crashing! this went on for a week or so.... would crash, then last week worked fine for 4-5 days no issues at all! last week clicked on a youtube video posted on Facebook and it crashed again, about 25% through, 1 minute+/- into vid! now it has been crashing with increased regularity and will barely stay on.

A couple of things to note...

It appears to shutdown/crash and the monitor would go dark for a couple of seconds and the monitor would restart and would be (more or less) were I was when it just shut off?

Now it seems that the computer does not shut off completely, it seems as though it maybe running, however can not see anything on the screen, it is black? I try and shut it off by holding down the button and it won't, I need to flip the switch at the back of the PC?!

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hey, welcome aboard Billybob34. Your post would be better off in hardware or networking as more tech folks would see it as this is only a place to say hi.:) So hello.:wave

Is your ethernet onboard or is it a card as I've had a card go out on me, they're cheap enough.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Greetings :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds