Malware Education

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by colorblind, Dec 3, 2010.

1. colorblind

colorblind Private E-2

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now. I'm interested in learning more about malware removal. How does one go about learning more about this. Thanks in advance.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Unfortunately we are too busy to offer training to anyone who is not already a recognized expert. There are a few websites that provide training rooms. The process can take awhile to complete since there is a lot to learn and the people training you are doing it in their free time. Make sure that you are serious about wanting to spend the time to learn and have the time to perform malware removal this because it takes a strong committment. Check out the below sites:

BootCamp

Geek U!

What the Tech Classroom

BleepingComputer Malware Removal Training Program

Let me just add that you can learn quite a bit by following the malware threads on this site to see what the fixes are and compare them to the logs that are posted.

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

TimW has already answered the question and beat me to it colorblind, but they are the tracks to follow if you want to learn ! ;)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI colorblind

I really commend you on wanting to take this route to helping others as its a tough task and not one I would enter lightly as it will take up alot of your free time, so be prepared to spend alot of time devoted to malware removal, I can do it for personal friends etc but I really dont that the dedication and time like the malware removal experts here on MGs (who I think are superb).

My expertise is other areas that I can devote and hit and miss time with, but if you do decide to go this malware removal route you definatly have my gracious thanks if not the thanks of millions of infected users.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds